Setting up alerts and reminders in online banking will notify you of important account information and personal reminders based on your selected preferences.
After logging into your online banking account, click to open the "Alerts" page under the Preferences section. There are four sections you can set up: account, date, history, and transaction alerts. There are additional alerts specific to the security of your login information located under the Preferences section "Security" page, Alerts tab.
Alerts can be delivered to you in the following ways:
- Secure Message Notification - an alert will always be delivered to your secure mailbox under the Services > Messages menu. In the case that you fail to receive an email, or miss a notification phone call, you can always confirm and review your alerts in your secure mailbox.
- Email Notification - an email notification will be sent when your alert triggers.
- Phone Notification - you can receive a phone call from our voice banking system when your alert triggers. If you choose to receive a phone call, you should enter the desired time you want to receive the call any day the alert triggers.
- Text Message Notification - (if applicable) - a text message will be sent to your mobile device. Note: Your mobile plan provider may charge you for text messages.
Here is a listing of the alert functions available through the online banking system.
Account-based alerts that trigger based on changes to your account details. They can be set up either on every occurrence or only the first:
- Current balance - triggered by an amount greater than or less than an amount you enter.
- Available balance - triggered by an amount greater than or less than an amount you enter.
Date-based alerts that offer a convenient reminder of important dates or events. Add date alerts for an anniversary, appointment, birthday, calls, a general date to remember, a meeting, a travel date, or a vacation date.
History alerts are date-based alerts that can be set up based on a check number, a credit or debit transaction, or a transaction description.
Transaction alerts are date-based alerts for bill payments, changes of address, check reorder, an external transfer, a funds transfer, or a stop payment.
The following security alerts are required and are enabled. When an enabled alert is triggered, a security alert message is sent to the message center.
- Alert me when my password is changed
- Alert me when my login ID is disabled
- Alert me when a new user is created
- Alert me when my security alert preferences are changed
- Alert me when my user profile is updated
The following alerts are additional security alerts that may be added by selecting security alerts within alerts under settings.
- Alert me when an external transfer is authorized
- Alert me when a valid password for my login ID is submitted
- Alert me when a computer/browser is successfully registered
- Alert me when the process to add an external account is started
- Alert me when an invalid password for my login ID is submitted
- Alert me when an invalid secure access code is submitted