About Our Social Media Guidelines
United Bank & Trust Co. is here to listen to you and learn what’s on your mind. We’ll be monitoring our social media sites during normal business hours. Please remember to never post private information online.
Your Security is Our Top Priority
At United Bank & Trust Co., we are always looking for ways to enhance communication between the Bank and our customers. As we expand our communications channels, we have some guidelines we would like to share to help protect our customers and visitors to our social networking sites.
Below are the guidelines we utilize when communicating on social networking sites:
United Bank & Trust Co. reserves the right to block any user who posts harassing, threatening, or inappropriate comments from making additional posts to the United Bank page.
When posting information or questions, or sending a message to United Bank, please do not include private information (such as your account number, Social Security number, etc.). Time-sensitive requests, such as lost debit card requests, will not be accepted online. Comments containing non-public personal information about any customer will be removed immediately. Please contact us during normal banking hours 859-873-3136.
United Bank will never ask you to verify your personal or account information via e-mail, telephone call or text message. Do not provide any personal information (including date of birth, credit or debit card number, Social Security number or driver's license number) to anyone unless you initiated the conversation.
Comments and conversations are accepted and encouraged!
We want to hear from our customers, neighbors and friends. Our social networking pages will be monitored during normal banking hours by members of the Bank's staff who will, when appropriate, contribute to the conversation.
Please watch your language.
While we strive for everyone to think only the best of our institution, we understand that some visitors may wish to use the space for complaints or other issues. We ask that you refrain from using profane or off-color language; and that you keep the comments constructive in nature. Comments containing unsavory language, or which are considered inflammatory or off-topic, will be removed immediately.
Protect our employees.
Whether you have a complaint or compliment, to protect their privacy we request you refrain from using our employee's names in your comments. Comments containing employee names or other identifying information will be removed. If you want to send a compliment, complaint or comment about a specific employee, please click here
to send an e-mail.
Don't be surprised if you hear from us!
We will be monitoring our social networking pages. When appropriate, we will either respond to your question, issue or comment publicly, or we will contact you directly.
Only post content that is not subject to Copyright.
Posting of information that is subject to Copyright is not permitted and will be removed.
Comments made by non-bank individuals do not represent the views of United Bank & Trust Co.
We are not responsible for comments made by non-bank individuals.
Solicitation of any kind is prohibited.
United Bank & Trust Co. strives to be a bank that is actively involved in its community. However, do not solicit involvement for your personal or business events, charities, etc . via our Facebook page. Please click here
to email us directly or call 859-873-3136 for us to consider sponsoring events, charities, etc. Posts that attempt to solicit involvement, donations, etc. will be removed immediately.
Terms and conditions of use are subject to change.
United Bank & Trust Co. reserves the right to amend our usage guidelines at any time.
Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft
Your identity is one of the most valuable things you own. It's important to keep your identity from being stolen by someone who can potentially harm your good name and financial well-being. Identity theft occurs when someone uses your name, address, Social Security Number, credit card or financial account numbers, passwords, and other personal information without your knowledge to commit fraud or other crimes. While the words may sound like a foreign language -- Phishing, Pharming, Vishing, Spyware, Dumpster Diving — they are actually techniques used by thieves to put your identity and finances at risk. And their attacks grow more frequent and sophisticated every year.
The simple fact is you can protect yourself against most forms of identity theft. The first step is education. To make it easier to understand, we've created a web page to help. Visit our "Tips To Protect Yourself"
page on our website – www.unitedbankky.com
External Link Disclaimer
United Bank has no control over information at any site hyperlinked to or from this Site. United Bank makes no representation concerning and is not responsible for the quality, content, nature, or reliability of any hyperlinked site and is providing this hyperlink to you only as a convenience. The inclusion of any hyperlink does not imply any endorsement, investigation, verification or monitoring by United Bank of any information in any hyperlinked site. In no event United Bank be responsible for your use of a hyperlinked site.
LinkedIn is a Professional Community where we have Company profile about our financial institution. We follow the LinkedIn Professional Community Guidelines, which you can find here
. Also LinkedIn has an exhaustive user agreement. Please find the link here
Our Twitter page is public, which means that anyone can see our tweets. Unless you protect your tweets (something you can do in your Twitter account settings), anyone can see your tweets, and your tweets may even show up in search-engine results (like on Google or Yahoo!).
When tweeting with us, we encourage everyone to:
• Use common courtesy and be respectful of others.
• Tweet your own original content, and avoid content that you know to be fraudulent.
• Never tweet someone else’s copyrighted work, unless you have permission.
• Never tweet personal, identifying or confidential information.
If you are a bank customer with a specific question about an account, you can get help by:
• Contacting us by email. Please click here
• Calling 859-873-3136
• Visiting one of our banking centers and speaking with a professional in person
• Because our Twitter handle is public and anyone with a Twitter account can engage with us, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own.
• Please note that we may unfollow a user who dramatically changes their mission and objectives, or who we feel violates our policies.
Interacting with Us on Twitter
• We manage and monitor our Twitter handle. We’re actively watching what people are saying to and about us on Twitter to ensure we're receiving and/or offering feedback. However, because of the public nature of the platform, we simply can’t respond to or engage on all issues.
• Never disclose any financial information on Twitter. We will never ask you for your Social Security number, account information, passwords or PINs via Twitter. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of Twitter. Please review Twitter's own policies Terms of Service - https://twitter.com/tos
. (you will have to copy and paste the links in your address bar)
• In addition, we recommend against and, in fact, discourage clicking on links posted by other Twitter users, as these links may pose risks to your computer or take you to inappropriate sites.
• Please don’t use Twitter to report phishing or criminal activity. Please click here
to forward us any suspicious emails. If you would like to make a report, please call 859-873-3136 and a representative can assist you.